Sunday, August 26, 2012

D.O.N.E. ... yet JUST BEGUN

25 August 2012

I just rolled up my yoga mat ... just finished AaAaAaaaaAAaALlLll my hours required for certification as a yoga teacher !! (!)  I did it!  I totally did it :)!  And I finished it all this summer ... all in one summer!  All within two months and seven days!  That's two months and one week ... I completed ALL my hours and requirements for certification!  I am a yoga teacher!  And the funny thing is that I feel like I now know enough to actually START REALLY learning about yoga.  In two months and 200 hours I laid just enough of a foundation that I know what I'm doing, and just enough of a foundation to see that I am just on the cusp of really grasping this whole yoga thing.  I feel like by accomplishing my 200 hour certification I hopped in a little canoe on a river and have rowed all the way to the ocean.  I've become pretty familiar with water (figuratively) ... and having completed the 200 hours I have just arrived at the mouth of the river (or is it the tributary? ... I can't remember which connects to the ocean) where it meets the ocean.  I'm looking back at my suddenly seemingly little stream realizing that I know just enough about water to start moving into and learning about/exploring the gigantic ocean.  That's how I feel in yoga ... like I know just enough to be prepared to enter much deeper waters.  It's a foundation that feels really fulfilling, filling, healing, grounding, and centering.  I feel SO glad that I have been in the canoe.  It's carried me back to myself.  And I value my little canoe that I'll take with me now as I venture out from the ledge on which I stand, ready to jump in.  Namaste little canoe and big (but now seemingly small) river.  And Namaste ocean awaiting me!

 Thanks Syl and Bodhi Yoga! http://www.gobodhiyoga.com/

1 comment: