Friday, August 3, 2012

Turn Your World Upside Down

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to do yoga suspended in mid-air?  I never had until it occurred to me that I had a prime opportunity as I was ZIPPING down a zip line in Provo Canyon today.  I took advantage of my position in life (suspended in mid-air flying through the sky) and rolled over into a full back bend bridge pose with my body folded in half backwards, arms and legs dangling, and my head hanging, staring face down at the mountains of Provo Canyon which was at least one hundred feet below me.  What a feeling!  What made it even cooler is that it's a pose that I haven't gotten into for a couple of years, but which came quite effortlessly with gravity on my side and nothing to get in the way.  The beauty of yoga is that it takes regular life and enhances it.  I could have just sat, legs down, and zipped through space enjoying the ride.  But thanks to yoga, my ride down the mountain turned my world upside down (literally) (in a good way) and gave me a view that regular riding couldn't.  Add yoga to your life to turn your world upside down (in a good way), and start seeing the world differently (literally)!

(Note: This is not actually a picture of me doing the back bend.  No one was shooting photos during that line.  This is actually a shot I took of my five year old nephew.  Rock on, Nolan.)

P.S. Practicing yoga at Bodhi Yoga literally turned my world upside down in a good way.  I see the world in a whole new light.

No comments:

Post a Comment