Monday, August 20, 2012

Awaken Your Kundalini

Tomorrow morning at 8:30 I will be teaching a Kundalini-Style yoga class at Bodhi Yoga (come one, come all!).  Of all types of yoga, Kundalini is one of my favorites!  Yoga chanting is a traditional part of Kundalini Yoga, wherein the practice begins and ends with a chant.  Typically, the chant "Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo" is sung, which is translated to mean, "I bow to the Divine Creator, to the inner knowingness, the teacher, and to the love of God inside me" (learned in Bodhi Yoga teacher training).    Chanting in a group has such a powerful centering, calming, and grounding effect on those involved.  Even just listening to this chant on my iPod gives me the chills.  Here is a sample of this beautiful chant sung by Snatam Kaur.






http://www.gobodhiyoga.com/

2 comments: